Jaw Surgery in Paramus, NJ
Achieve a Functional, Confident Smile with Orthognathic Surgery in Paramus
Orthognathic or corrective jaw surgery realigns the upper and lower jaws to achieve proper function and a balanced facial appearance. At our Paramus oral surgery practice, we combine cutting-edge 3D planning and gentle surgical techniques to transform smiles and lives.
Who Benefits From Jaw Surgery?
Patients with misaligned jaws causing issues like:
- Difficulty biting, chewing, or swallowing
- Speech impairments
- Chronic jaw pain or TMJ disorders
- Open bite or protruding jaw
- Breathing problems
- Mismatched facial proportions
These conditions may be present from birth or develop later from genetics, environment, or trauma. A thorough clinical exam and 3D imaging will determine if orthodontics alone or jaw surgery is needed.
Precise 3D Planning in Paramus
Our Paramus oral surgeons utilize advanced 3D modeling to simulate results prior to surgery. This technology shows patients exactly how:
- Their bite will be corrected
- Facial proportions will improve
- Jaws will realign
Visualizing the dramatic improvements possible gives patients confidence to proceed.
Coordinated Care for Success
We partner with each patient’s orthodontist for seamless care before, during, and after surgery. The typical steps include:
- Orthodontic treatment to align teeth
- 3D surgical planning
- Corrective jaw surgery
- Additional orthodontics for final adjustments
- Retention to maintain results
With this coordinated approach, patients achieve properly functioning bites and beautiful new smiles.
What to Expect With Surgery in Paramus
Orthognathic surgery is an outpatient procedure performed under general anesthesia. Patients normally:
- Spend 1-3 days recovering in the hospital
- Wear braces 6-12 months post-surgery
- Require 1 week to 1 month off work/school
- Return to normal chewing in 2 months
- See final results within a year
Our Paramus Team Supports You
Preparation is key to a smooth surgery and recovery. We provide:
- Step-by-step guidance from initial consult through final results
- Education on what to expect before, during, and after surgery
- Comfort measures during your procedure and hospital stay
- Follow-up appointments to monitor healing
- Coordination with your orthodontist
With our experienced Paramus oral surgeons and compassionate staff, you can feel confident in achieving the healthy, balanced smile you deserve through orthognathic surgery. Contact us today to learn more!